The Family Courts Team at DVIP
The DVIP Family Courts Team are a small team of specialists who offer expert domestic violence assessments in the public and private family courts, including cases being worked under the Public Law Outline (PLO).
Check out our leaflet for more information about the service and how to get referred. Should you have any further questions, please contact us.
There are three referral routes into the Risk Assessment Team, depending on the type of assessment or intervention required:
- Public Law or Social Services Assessments;
- Private Law Assessments;
- Court Ordered Activities.
For professionals seeking to refer to the family courts team please visit our professionals page.
The Family Courts Team provide the following types of assessments:
- Risk Assessments;
- Vulnerability Assessments of victims;
- Joint Risk and Vulnerability Assessments;
- Final Reports, following completion of treatment programmes; and
- Family Member Assessments of third party carers